Brad Delson Online

Brad Delson Online
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thank Brad for Rob's drum solos
With six members, it's easy for Linkin Park drummer Rob Bourdon to sometimes get lost in the shuffle. But on the band's new "Road To Revolution" CD/DVD, the musician gets his chance to shine. During the set closing "Bleed It Out," Bourdon shows his skills during a drum solo. The modest musician says, quote, "On this tour cycle, my bandmates forced me to do a drum solo. I was never really into doing drum solos, never planned them, never really practiced doing them and one night.....Brad [guitarist Delson] just looked at me and kind of set it up then wouldn't continue playing a song until I did a drum solo." The drummer says the solo falls in line with the consistent theme of their recent shows to keep things spontaneous and just going for it. Mike Shinoda says he's thrilled to have Bourdon break out on drums, and that it takes him back to the pre-Linkin Park days when he would just go watch the drummer perform because he liked his style. Shinoda says, quote, "I've always loved the way he plays and it was in the back of my head that I would love to see Rob do drum solos and I think we all felt the same way." Bourdon and his Linkin Park bandmates shine on the "Road To Revolution" package, due November 25th.

-kroqecho

Labels: ,